After admiring some lovely and fresh looks on a few friends who’ve tried Stitch Fix, I decided to take the plunge!
While part of the appeal of Stitch Fix is the element of surprise and the idea that your stylist could introduce you to something new and fabulous, it’s a bit scary to let go of control.
I poked around to look at some other reviews to see what kinds of clothes other people were getting, and that helped me feel a bit better. In that spirit, I’m going to share my first Stitch Fix review. Here’s what was in my box!
- Donna Morgan wrap dress. First up was this wrap dress. I love wrap dresses, because they are so flattering and classic. I have several in my closer already, and I did not find this one special enough to keep.
2) Penny Loves Kenny flats. So, I admit these shoes got me pretty inspired about the idea of Oxfords. This was my hope with Stitch Fix – that I would be inspired to try new styles. Unfortunately, I did not like the fake leather or the pointy toe on this particular pair. The material feels really cheap.
3) 41 Hawthorn Irsia blouse. This was my favorite item in my first fix. I really like navy, and I like the texture of the fabric and the feminine scallops. However, the shirt is a little bit too boxy and long for me. It catches on my hips and then bunches up. I wish this had fit better!
4. Creative Commune Kalina blouse. I asked for an ivory sleeveless top that I could wear layered with blazers and cardigans for work. I like the color of this top and the lace on top. However, it is too boxy, and the synthetic material feels cheap.
5. Kut from the Kloth boyfriend jeans. These were nice jeans that fit well. They were the right length and fitted but not clingy. However, I did not need another pair of basic jeans, so I sent them back.
In the end, I didn’t end up keeping anything from my first fix, but I give a lot of feedback which my friends recommended. I’m a little wary, based on the quality of items I received, but I’m going to give them another try and report back to you!
If you are ready to give Stitch Fix a try, I’ve got a referral code for you, and thanks for checking it out!