I recently made these vintage-style pennants to celebrate special places in our family. It was so fun that I went on to make personalized name pennants for my nephew and niece.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Felt for pennant, lettering, and trim
- Paper for templates
- Sewing machine or needle and thread
Here’s how to do it:
- Create a template for your pennant – mine is on two sheets of scrap printer paper. It is 7.5″ high x 21″ long.
- Cut out the pennant from a large piece of felt
- Choose your felt colors for the letters and images and fuse Heat ‘n Bond to one side
- Cut out your letters and images
- Arrange on the pennant and iron in place
- Cut strips of felt for the binding (optional) and ties and sew in place
Here’s how the pennants turned out. I love all the color variations!
Julie aka “Jewels”