I’m sure you’ve seen ads on your social media feed for Rothy’s shoes. I was intrigued by their use of recycled materials, and of course, the designs are adorable, but I was waiting to hear from a “real person” who had tried them.
Enter my office mate, sporting a cute pair of these eco-conscious shoes. She said, she loves them, and while she usually wears sneakers, she found Rothy’s really comfortable for a ballet flat.
Now here I am, and pretty much all I ever wear is ballet flats, so I figured they would be perfect for me! They’re not a bargain, but for a well-made and earth-friendly shoe, I felt it was worthwhile. I also used a referral code to get $20 off.
- Style: I love that the grey goes with almost everything, and the little peek of pink makes them feel unique!
- Fit: These are true to size for me, perhaps a tiny bit snug, but I think a larger size would be too big.
- Comfort: For me, these were as comfortable as advertised! No rubbing or blisters at all. Because the material is a knit, there is a little spring to the shoe that feels both supportive and soft.
The Point in Bright Blue Birdseye:
- Size: The Point style ran small for me. My usual size was too tight.
- Style: I also didn’t like that my toes showed (toe cleavage😉)
- Comfort: a bit hard for me to rate, because they were tight, but they have that same supportive stretchy feel, so I would expect them to be comfortable, if the style and fit are right for you.
Bottom line: as the owner (guardian?) of way too many ballet flats, I am really excited by these shoes which are very comfortable and have just enough details to feel special but are still neutral enough to go with almost anything!
If you want to check them out, you can use this referral link, and we both get $20 off!