I don’t spend that much time in the kitchen, so if you find a recipe here on Jewels’ blog, you be assured it will be easy to make. I love French toast, and this is my favorite way to make it come out perfectly delicious every time!
The secret is to use Italian panettone bread. Its rich, sweet flavor is the perfect starting point for French toast. Here’s the easy recipe that will serve 6:
- One panettone loaf – this time around, I actually found a loaf with chocolate chips!
- 1 cup yogurt
- 6 eggs, beaten
- Butter for pan frying
To prepare the French toast,
- slice the panettone bread into 1″ thick slices. You can do this the night before and let the bread dry out a bit.
- heat the pan to medium-high and melt butter
- beat the eggs and beat in the yogurt
- dip the slices of breast into the yogurt-egg mix
- pan fry on both sides until lightly brown