The big room has been slow to come together. Little boys interests change so often, not to mention that they are tornadoes that leave a mess in their wake.
I’m now ready to make a push to polish their space. As I discussed in this post on my steps for designing a room, and inspired by the Design Cookbook, here’s my recipe for the little boys’ room.
- Main color palette of navy and light neutrals
- Natural materials like wood, metal, and leather
- Whimsical accents like bunting in red and other fun colors
- Eclectic gallery wall with elements like a paper mache bust, kids art, and quotes
- Hideout area
- An unexpected sophisticated touch such as wallpaper or a luxurious fabric
I developed this recipe by collecting my favorite images on a Pinterest board.
Here are some of my favorite inspiration rooms:
From Design Sponge
And here’s a list of projects I’ve already done for our boys’ room:
I’m looking forward to showing you the latest updates soon!