So, I’ve mentioned before that Steve’s birthday always falls close to Father’s Day. This means that I either get 1) totally overwhelmed and do almost nothing or 2) get seriously motivated and make a special project for him.
Here is an example of
1) almost nothing: simple cards – easy, but still fun!
This year, we are hosting out-of-town guests during Steve’s birthday and Father’s Day, so I want to make sure that his special days don’t get completely lost in the busy schedule.
I was browsing Pinterest – as always – for ideas, and I found pins for sweet Father’s Day photo books. Unfortunately, the ones I saw are no longer available, so I made my own.
I made photo books for Steve and the boys’ two grandfathers, with blank spaces for the boys to fill in. The questions I included were:
- My dad is good at
- One thing my dad taught me is
- A fun thing I did with my dad is
- A fun thing I want to do with my dad is
- I drew this picture of my dad and me
- Something I have in common with my dad is
- I know my dad loves me because
- I love my dad because
Here’s how our books turned out.
Can’t wait to fill them out with the kids and share them with the special dads in our family!