Yes, yes, our third of three (do we get a special trophy?) Pokemon birthday parties is in the planning stages. I try to give our guests one special party favor that has more lasting power than a bunch of smaller items.
I’ll admit I was struggling a bit with how to make something Pokemon-themed that would still appeal to my “artistic” sensibilities, and now I am pleased to say, these little shirts are it! Pokemon is short for “pocket monster,” so how perfect to make t-shirts with a little monster peeking out from the pocket!
I got the idea to make our shirts after seeing these adorable designs from Tee Turtle.
To make our shirts, I used
- Blank Youth Cotton T-Shirts
- Poke’mon fabric
- Heat’n Bond Ultra Hold Iron-On Adhesive
- Scrap fabric for the pockets
Here’s how it went:
- Prewash your shirts and fabric
- Iron Heat’n Bond onto back of Pokemon fabric
- (Turn on HGTV while you) cut out individual Pokemon. (At least, that’s how I did it!)
- Choose the Pokemon for each shirt and cut off the tails, if the design allows
- Iron the Pokemon into place on the shirt
- Add dimensional fabric paint or stitching to secure the edges.
- Cut out a pocket from fabric and hem the top
- Sew the pocket in place
Last step, soak in the cuteness!
Here are some close-ups of our little friends! And a last look at our collection:
Hope you are feeling inspired for your party!