Oh wow, I am in love with the work of Lucy Penfield of Lucy Interior Design! She can execute a beautiful modern or bohemian room, but what I’m particularly smitten with is her ability to create space that has the perfect blend of classic and contemporary, casual and elegant, all full of whimsy and personality. This balance is what I am striving for in our home, and I am soaking up all the inspiration!
Here are my favorite elements of her designs:
- A warm neutral base with walls, ceiling, and trim in a warm white, leaving lots of open space
- Architectural details like beams and arches, and window seats
- Black accents, such as hardware or black window and door frames
- Natural mid-tone wood floors and other natural materials like rattan and bamboo
- Bright jewel-tone accents in navy, teal, pinks, kelly green, yellow, and orange
- Color is introduced through art, wallpaper, throw pillows, and patterned rugs
- Vintage pieces from my favorite styles like mid-century modern and Hollywood glam
- Fresh flowers and plants
This style is exemplified by her Highland Park Bungalow and Romantic Urban projects, as well as the Lake Cottage. I would happily move into any of these gorgeous spaces! Here are some of my favorite inspiration pics that capture that beautiful and unique blend of styles.
Isn’t this all fabulous?! I have always wondered if my blend of styles might be too scattered, but I love seeing how it is possible to bring together traditional and contemporary elements to create beautiful spaces. So inspired!
Julie AKA “Jewels”