Every year, I make personalized Christmas ornaments for our family and friends. This is usually a simple project with store-bought ornaments. This year, I’m doing a little DIY, because I didn’t find anything quite right for our retro mid-century Christmas.
I’m making some clear globe ornaments to give to our local friends. For those that live further away, I wanted something easy to mail, so I was excited to find this inspiration for ornaments covered in scrapbook paper. Besides being pretty, these ornaments are lightweight, flat, and sturdy, so they’re perfect for sending to friends!
Here’s how to do this cute project:
- Paint the edges of the Unfinished Wood Ornaments with silver craft paint. The center will be covered in paper.
- Print out names and the year on Clear Shipping Labels and then stick them in craft paper and cut them out. I cut matching circles for the back.
- Use regular hole punch to cut the paper around the hole in the ornament.
- Use Yes All-Purpose Stik Flat Glueto glue the paper to the ornaments
- I used some very fine sandpaper to clean up the ornaments after the glue dried.
What fun to be able to send a bit of holiday cheer!