I had so much fun last weekend hosting a Stella and Dot Trunk Show with afternoon tea for my girlfriends!
I’m especially proud that our stylist Stacey and I are each donating 10%, so 20% of the total sales, to the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. If you feel so inclined, you can check out their beautiful jewelry, bags and accessories and participate in the fundraiser through May 25, 2013.
Here’s a glimpse at our fun girls’ afternoon, which I hope to turn into an annual event!
- I was excited to use my eclectic mix of vintage tea cups, plates, and serving dishes that I collected for a baby shower last year.
- Fresh flowers are a beautiful touch. I clipped some Cala lilies from our garden, and on of my friends brought a colorful bouquet that looks beautiful on the coffee table. I’m brainstorming about something similar I can put there long-term.
- Paper lanterns are so popular right now, and I’ve been looking for a way to use them. I love the garden feel these lanterns created for our tea party. I hung them using fishing line and clear Command Mini Hooks.
- Tea cup garland – this was a fun and easy project. I was cutting out paper tea cup silhouettes to make signs for the food, and I was inspired to string some together with lace to make this little garland that I hung over the buffet. I love the romantic feel of the colors and patterns.
- New table runner and trivets – I’ve been meaning to make these for a while out of the same fabric I used for cushions on our hallway bench. They worked perfectly for our party and will get lots more use in days to come.
- Luggage tag party favors were a last-minute project using some of the same prints as the tea cup garland. I printed the names on cardstock backed with decorative paper and slipped the paper into these clear vertical badge holders and added luggage tag loops.
- Cheese plate for a savory snack
- Fruit salad in a watermelon basket – everyone said, “My mom used to do that!” My mom did, too!
- Coffee cake – a great sour cream cake that my mom also made.
- Cookies – classic Walker’s shortbread and some cute flower-shaped sugar cookies
- baklava – hubby made this. SO good.
- Tea – LOVE this vintage candy tin I found in an antiques shop on my birthday. It fits a collection of tea bags perfectly.
- Citrus water
Are you feeling inspired by our charming afternoon tea party? Here are a few of my favorite pieces from the Stella and Dot collection, if you’d like to participate in our fundraiser:
Thank you so much to all my friends who came out to socialize and shop for a cause. I’m looking forward to seeing you next year!