Oh, I honestly love any project that involves paper!
For a friend’s bridal shower, I offered to set up a photo booth and make some other decorations, which was the perfect excuse to try making these giant paper flowers.
- 12×12 Cardstock – I used 3-4 sheets for the outer petals and one more sheet for the inner petals on each flower; you can cut two leaves from a sheet of green cardstock
- Muffin cups for the centers
- Cardboard for the backing
- Tacky glue or hot glue
- I started with this template and tutorial for giant paper roses
- Because my cardstock was 12×12, I used the template to cut one each of sizes 1, 2, and 3 out of each sheet of cardstock. I made a smaller size 4 and used that to cut out the inner color
- I varied the tips of the petals to get some variety (the pink-red and purple flowers follow the template; the blue has pointed petals, and the yellow and pink-yellow flowers have heart-shaped petals)
Here’s how the flowers looked in our photo booth. The backdrop is a striped shower curtain.
Any ideas of where to put the flowers until our next event?