I’m really excited to be a Guest Participant in my first One Room Challenge! This is a great way to get inspiration and motivation for your home. For this challenge, I’ve decided to re-do our kids’ bath. It started out with a cute beach theme that seemed perfect when the boys were little, but now I am ready for it to grow up with them. Our new look features neutral colors, natural touches, and enough personality to stand up to three boys! Thanks for following along!
- In week one, I took this room back to a blank slate, which involved cleaning, repairs, and a new wall color!
- In week two, I started adding accessories to make the room functional again
- In week three, I built wall shelves to create storage and display space
Now that we are over the hump and into week four, it seemed like a great time to add some art. I though about creating something myself. And then I remembered I can’t draw… Etsy to the rescue! I bought downloadable files and printed and framed them for our space.
- Hello Handsome artwork on Etsy
- Funny bathroom artwork on Etsy
- I did see an idea for a simple Swiss cross on Etsy, and I felt competent to create that myself! If you’d like to download a PDF of the Swiss cross, you can click here: swiss cross
- I also created an alternate “Hello Handsome” sign, but I ended up being able to shrink the one I bought on Etsy. Here is a PDF to my simplified sign: Hello Handsome
It’s amazing how art makes a room! These pieces add so much character and polish to our bathroom. Since this room has a neutral design, I like how these whimsical signs make it feel like it is still a kids’ bathroom.
Here are links (some affiliate links) for our new accessories:
- bamboo bath mat – Amazon
- gray herringbone shower curtain – Cafe Press
- floor basket – World Market
- crocheted storage basket – Amazon
- wall shelf brackets – Ikea Ekby Valter
There’s tons more inspiration back at the One Room Challenge link-up page. Go check it out!