I’m really excited to be a Guest Participant in my first One Room Challenge! This is a great way to get inspiration and motivation for your home. For this challenge, I’ve decided to re-do our kids’ bath. It started out with a cute beach theme that seemed perfect when the boys were little, but now I am ready for it to grow up with them. Our new look features neutral colors, natural touches, and enough personality to stand up to three boys! Thanks for following along!
- In week one, I took this room back to a blank slate, which involved cleaning, repairs, and a new wall color!
- In week two, I started adding accessories to make the room functional again
For week three, I created wall shelves using Ikea Ekby Valter wall brackets and some wood that I had left over from another project. I cut the wood to 7.5″ x 16.5″ and finished it with clear polyurethane.
If you’re looking for ready-made shelves, here is an option with a similar look..
I mentioned how I really wanted to bring natural wood into this space, and these shelves help tie things together with the bamboo bathmat and seagrass basket.
I have used these wall brackets before to hang macrame planters, and I was excited to find them in this black finish, which coordinates with our existing vanity.
Here are links (some affiliate links) for our new accessories:
- bamboo bath mat – Amazon
- gray herringbone shower curtain – Cafe Press
- floor basket – World Market
- crocheted storage basket – Amazon
- wall shelf brackets – Ikea Ekby Valter
Head over to the One Room Challenge link-up page to see more inspiring ideas!